Last Updated May 1, 2023
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal Information You Provide: We collect the following categories of personal information from you:
- Identification Information: We collect your name, email address, phone number, and company name.
- Communication Information: We may collect information when you contact us for a demo, or with questions or concerns and when you voluntarily respond to questionnaires, surveys or requests for market research seeking your opinion and feedback. Providing communication information is optional to you.
- Social Media Information: We have pages on social media sites like LinkedIn and Twitter (“Social Media Pages”). When you interact with our Social Media Pages, we will collect personal information that you elect to provide to us, such as your contact details. In addition, the companies that host our Social Media Pages may provide us with aggregate information and analytics regarding the use of our Social Media Pages. If you choose to connect third party social media accounts, we may collect information associated the social media account such as name, email address, and profile information you provided to the third party social media company.
Internet Activity Information: When you visit, use, and interact with the Site, we may receive certain information about your visit, use, or interactions. For example, we may monitor the number of people that visit the Site, peak hours of visits, which page(s) are visited, the domains our visitors come from (e.g. ,google.com, yahoo.com, etc.), and which browsers people use to access the Site(e.g., Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, etc.), broad geographical information, and navigation patterns. In particular, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
- Log Information: Information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site. Log Information includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Site.
- Device Information: Includes name of the device, operating system, and browser you are using. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
- Usage Information: We collect information about how you use our Site, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, and the time, frequency, and duration of your activities.
- Location Information: We derive a rough estimate of your location from your IP address.
- Email Open/Click Information: We may use pixels in our email campaigns that allow us to collect your email and IP address as well as the date and time you open an email or click on any links in the email.
Personal Information We Process on Behalf of Our Clients: In order to provide our virtual events platform, we collect first and last name, email address, IP address, any information contained in chat messages, and information about engagement with our virtual events platform (“Event Information”) from attendees of and other participants in our client’s events (“Attendees”). We process Event Information pursuant to our agreements with our clients. We have no direct relationship with Attendees, unless the Attendees submit feedback to us, visit the Site, or otherwise interact with us separate from their participation in an event. If you are an Attendee and have questions about the processing of your Event Information, please contact the client that you interact with directly.
Derived Information: We may infer your preferences for our products and services based on the personal information we collect about you.
On most web browsers, you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive a notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off.
Please note that if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of the Site and you may not be able to benefit from the full functionality of the Site.
If you access the Site on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through the settings.
2. HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide the Site;
- To diagnose and resolve issues with our Site;
- To respond to your inquiries, comments, feedback, or questions;
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Site and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
- To analyze how you interact with our Site;
- To maintain and improve the Site;
- To develop new products and services;
- To prevent fraud, criminal activity, or misuses of our Site, and to ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture, and networks; and
- To comply with legal obligations and legal process and to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or other third parties.
Marketing. We may use your personal information to contact you to tell you about products or services we believe may be of interest to you. For instance, if you elect to provide your email, we may use that information to send you updates and special offers. If we do, where required by law, for example if you are in the EU, we will only send you such emails if you consent to us doing so at the time you provide us with your personal information. You may opt out of receiving emails by following the instructions contained in each promotional email we send you. You can also control the marketing emails you receive by updating your settings through your account. We do not market to Attendees unless they elect to schedule a demonstration and receive marketing information from us in connection with providing feedback relating to our virtual events platform.
In addition, if at any time you do not wish to receive future marketing communications, you may contact us. If you unsubscribe from our marketing lists, you will no longer receive marketing communications but we will continue to contact you regarding our Site, management of your account, other administrative matters, and to respond to your requests.
3. SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONALINFORMATION
Goldcast does not sell your personal information. In certain circumstances we may share the categories of personal information described above without further notice to you, unless required by the law, with the following categories of third parties:
- Vendors and Service Providers: To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions, we may share personal information with vendors and service providers, including providers of hosting services, cloud services, and other information technology services providers, email communication software and email newsletter services, advertising and marketing services, payment processors, customer relationship management and customer support services, and analytics services. Pursuant to our instructions, these parties will access, process, or store personal information in the course of performing their duties to us. We take commercially reasonable steps to ensure our service providers adhere to the security standards we apply to your personal information.
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, dissolution, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider (collectively a “Transaction”), your personal information and other information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the Transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of or following that Transaction along with other assets.
- Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with legal or regulatory obligations, including to respond to lawful requests from public authorities and to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) prevent fraud, (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Site, or the public, or (v) protect against legal liability.
4. DATA RETENTION
If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences until you opt out of receiving these communications and in accordance with our policies.
To determine the appropriate retention period for your personal information, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we use your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
5. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS DISCLOSURES
California Privacy Act Notice.
UNDERCALIFORNIA’S “SHINE THE LIGHT” LAW (CIVIL CODE SECTION 1798.83), CALIFORNIARESIDENTS ARE ENTITLED TO ASK US, ONCE PER YEAR, FOR A NOTICE IDENTIFYING THECATEGORIES OF INFORMATION WHICH WE SHARE WITH OUR AFFILIATES AND/OR THIRDPARTIES FOR MARKETING PURPOSES, AND PROVIDING CONTACT INFORMATION FOR THESEAFFILIATES AND/OR THIRD PARTIES. REQUESTS WILL APPLY TO INFORMATION PROVIDEDDURING THE PREVIOUS CALENDAR YEAR (FOR EXAMPLE, IF YOUR REQUEST INFORMATION IN2022, YOU WILL RECEIVE INFORMATION REGARDING 2021).
IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT AND WOULDLIKE A COPY OF THIS NOTICE, PLEASE SUBMIT A WRITTEN REQUEST BY EMAIL TO firstname.lastname@example.org SUBJECTHEADING: “CALIFORNIA PRIVACY”.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Notice.
PURSUANTTO THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CIVIL CODE SECTION 1798.100 –1798.199), CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS CAN REQUEST A DISCLOSURE IN MACHINE READABLEFORMAT OF THE CATEGORIES AND SPECIFIC PIECES OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLEINFORMATION THAT WE HAVE COLLECTED ABOUT YOU AND YOUR HOUSEHOLD DURING THE 12MONTHS PRECEDING OUR RECEIPT OF A VERIFIABLE CONSUMER REQUEST (LIMIT TWO TIMESPER 12-MONTH PERIOD). YOU CAN ALSO ASK WHERE THIS INFORMATION CAME FROM, WHAT WEUSE IT FOR, AND WHETHER WE DISCLOSE OR SELL IT TO OTHERS. IF WE DISCLOSE ORSELL IT TO OTHERS, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO EASILY OPT OUT OF THIS PRACTICE.PLEASE CONTACT US AT email@example.com SUBJECT HEADING “CALIFORNIAPRIVACY” IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT OR EXERCISE ANY OF THESE RIGHTS.
COMPANYHAS NOT AND DOES NOT SELL YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION, SEPARATEFROM DISCLOSURES MADE TO PROVIDE YOU WITH SERVICES. COMPANY DOES NOT OFFER FINANCIALINCENTIVES OR VARY ITS SERVICE TERMS WITH YOU IN EXCHANGE FOR YOU LETTING USSELL YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION.
Our Site is not directed to children who are under the age of 18. Goldcast does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 18 has provided personal information to Goldcast through the Site please contact us and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
7. EU USERS
Scope. This section applies to individuals in the EU (for these purposes, reference to the EU also includes the European Economic Area countries of Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway, the United Kingdom, and, to the extent applicable, Switzerland).
Data Controller. Data protection laws in the EU differentiate between the “data controller” and “data processor” of personal information. Goldcast is the data controller for the processing of your personal information that we collect through the Site or otherwise for our own purposes. You can find our contact information, and the contact information of our EU-based representative, in the “Contact Us” section below. We are a data processor of Event Information as described above.
Legal Bases for Processing. We process your personal information as necessary to perform our contract with your or other users (“Contractual Necessity”), where necessary for our legitimate business purposes (“Legitimate Interests”), or with your consent (“Consent”).
The specific purposes for which we process your personal information and the legal bases we rely on for the processing are listed below.
Your Rights. Pursuant to the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (or GDPR), you have the following rights in relation to your personal information, under certain circumstances and subject to any applicable exceptions:
- Right of access: If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your personal information and, if so, provide you with a copy of that personal information along with certain other details. If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
- Right to rectification: If your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to ask that we correct or complete it. If we shared your personal information wit others, we will tell them about the correction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your personal information so you can contact them directly.
- Right to erasure: You may ask us to delete or remove your personal information, such as where you withdraw your consent. If we shared your data with others, we will tell them about the erasure where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your personal information with so you can contact them directly.
- Right to restrict processing: You may ask us to restrict or ‘block’ the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of the data or object to us processing it (please read below for information on your right to object). We will tell you before we lift any restriction on processing. If we shared your personal information with others, we will tell them about the restriction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your personal information so you can contact them directly.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain your personal information from us that you consented to give us or that was provided to us as necessary in connection with our contract with you, and that is processed by automated means. We will give you your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may reuse it elsewhere.
- Right to object: You may ask us at any time to stop processing your personal information, and we will do so:
-If we are relying on a legitimate interest to process your personal information -- unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing or we need to process your data in order to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims;
-If we are processing your personal information for direct marketing. We may keep minimum information about you in a suppression list in order to ensure your choices are respected in the future and to comply with data protection laws (such processing is necessary for our and your legitimate interest in pursuing the purposes described above);
- If we are processing your personal information for direct marketing. We may keep minimum information about you in a suppression list in order to ensure your choices are respected in the future and to comply with data protection laws (such processing is necessary for our and your legitimate interest in pursuing the purposes described above);
- Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority: If you have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we handled your personal information, you can report it to the data protection authority that is authorized to hear those concerns (in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), who can be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns, and in other EU countries the data protection authority of the country in which you are located).
Please see the “Contact Us ”section below for information on how to exercise your rights.
Information Processing in the U.S. Goldcast is based in the U.S. The U.S. may have data protection laws less stringent than or otherwise different from the laws in effect in the EU and UK. Transfers of your personal information to Goldcast in the U.S. are necessary to perform the agreement we have entered into, or are about to enter into, with you.
Goldcast is committed to subject to the Principles all personal data received from the EU and/or Switzerland in reliance on the EU/ US Privacy Shield. More can be found about the Privacy Shield here: https://www.privacyshield.gov/. In the Privacy Shield laid out above, individuals can find information about:
- their right to access their personal data,
- the choices and means the organization offers individuals for limiting the use and disclosure of their personal data
- the independent dispute resolution body designated to address complaints and provide appropriate recourse free of charge to the individual, and whether it is: (1) the panel established by DPAs, (2) an alternative dispute resolution provider based in the EU, or (3) an alternative dispute resolution provider based in the United States,
- being subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the FTC, the Department of Transportation or any other U.S. authorized statutory body
- the possibility, under certain conditions, for the individual to invoke binding arbitration
- the requirement to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, and
- Goldcast’s liability in cases of onward transfers to third parties
8. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
You use the Site at your own risk. We implement commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and organizational measures to protect personal information both online and offline from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from us may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Site or e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any personal information to Goldcast via the Internet. In addition, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site, or third party websites.
10. YOUR CHOICES
In certain circumstances providing personal information is optional. However, if you choose not to provide personal information that is needed to use some features of our Site, you may be unable to use those features. You can also login to your account or contact us to request updates or corrections to some of your personal information.
12. CONTACT US
Attn: Privacy Team
177 Huntington Ave Ste 1703
Boston, MA 02115-3153, US